How to enjoy our Germinis for as long as possible.
- Use a clean (glass) vase and fill it with clean water (2 – 3 cm).
Note: clean vases with bleach; don't use dishwashing liquid.
- Cut off the bottom of the stems at an angle.
- Add a few drops of bleach if there are only gerberas in the vase. Three drops of bleach per liter of water will do.
If the gerberas are part of a mixed bouquet then add food for cut flowers.
- Keep in mind when making the bouquet that gerberas keep growing in the vase.
- Don't put gerberas in a draughty position, close to ripening fruit, in a warm spot or in sunshine. They do not like that.
- Change the water if necessary and again, cut a small piece off the stems.